Northern Rose Caregivers was founded by Julie Treger to eliminate the “Caregiver Squeeze.” Motivated by personal experience as well as watching those around her, Julie understood that it can become incredibly draining and stressful to take care of your own life as well as a family member who is unable to fully take care of themselves.
Northern Rose Caregivers provides caregiving services so that the patient can stay safely in their home and the family can be confident in the services that they are receiving. Our caregivers are the best at what they do. From light housekeeping to transportation to medication supervision to so much more, each caregiver is focused on providing a dignified, kind and wonderful experience to the client and their family.
At Northern Rose Caregivers, we understand that life goes beyond condition management; it is all the little things that don’t get thought about until they aren’t getting done. Northern Rose is expert at taking care of life when you or someone close to you is unable.
Imagine your stress fading away as Northern Rose Caregivers ensures your father gets safely transported to or from rehab. Feel the smile cross your face when you walk into your Mother’s home and see it’s been cleaned and the laundry is done. Breathe with confidence because you know your grandparent’s medication is being supervised. And these are only a small fraction of the benefits you will experience from Northern Rose Caregivers. If you’ve never used a caregiver before, explore the wide array of services available.
- Personal Care Attendant
- Certified Nursing Assistant
- Private Duty Nursing from Registered and/or Licensed Practical Nurses
- Meal Preparation
- Light Housekeeping
- Personal Errands
- 24 Hour Care
- Social Companionship
- Dignified Supervision
- Transportation or Transportation Companionship
- Medication Set-Up
- Care for New Mom/Baby
- Dementia and Alzheimer’s Care
- Pathways to Home*
* Pathways to Home provides 4 hours of service on 2 separate days
- The first day our staff assists patients leaving the hospital with transportation home, picking up medications, settling the patient back home.
- The second day is scheduled on the first doctor’s appointment. Our staff assists the patient to get bathed and dressed for the appointment, will transport them to and from the appointment, will go to the pharmacy to pick up and new or changed prescriptions, and will assure that the patient returns home
That’s the emotion many people express to us over the phone when they first call. There is work, a spouse, their own family and life demands and they are overwhelmed. They finally had to call because they can only do so much. You know what you need? A clone. If there were only one more of you. Short of cloning yourself, there’s Northern Rose.
- A new mom comes home from the hospital. Her husband goes back to work. How does she address the needs of her new baby as well as herself? How can her husband focus on work when he knows there is so much to be done at home and he wants to be there? Northern Rose can be a perfect solution. From light housework and laundry to babysitting older siblings to lactation consulting, Northern Rose can get it done. The husband comes home from work and can be free to focus on his wife and family. Mom can focus on her newborn and herself. And the stress that accompanies a messy home, a growing list of chores, and increasing demands on time is quickly and easily alleviated.
- A grandfather fell and broke his hip. Not much of a cook to begin with, and now with extremely limited mobility, the family jumps into overdrive. In addition to daily life, the grandchildren are now preparing meals for their grandfather, but who is going to remind him to eat? And how do grandchildren bathe or supervise bathroom activities of their grandfather with dignity? And the grandchildren may excel in their careers, but are they competent to know what medication is to be taken and when? Northern Rose can do all of these things. Plus they can read, or engage your grandfather with conversation or games so you do not feel guilty going to work thinking he is sitting all alone at home.
- As people age, dementia and Alzheimer’s becomes more of a concern. At night, these conditions can be especially nerve wracking for a family. Does Mom move in with you? Wouldn’t she be more comfortable in her own home? How can you leave her alone there? Northern Rose can provide 24 hour care so that your Mom is never alone.
That’s the emotion many people feel after Northern Rose Caregivers enters the family. And, at Northern Rose, we do think of ourselves as becoming a part of your family for as long as you need us.